Sunday, June 01, 2014

For tea, don't mention it and the real deal.

1. To find a couple of homemade scones in the bottom of the freezer -- these are particularly good recipe from Abel and Cole, carrot cake scones. I put them out ready for tea.

2. The physio is baffled and bit offended that the knots in my shoulder don't seem to be shifting. Or, rather, they are shifting, but across to my arm and then back to my shoulder. It suddenly occurs to me that we are chatting about the town's primary school situation and how it will affect Alec. We stop that right away and agree never to mention it again.

3. Nick and Alec come back from their walk with the news that there was an actual pilot, in his uniform, complete with insignia, in the Aeroplane Bookshop.

Reset, damp and all together.

1. With the heavy rain, it's been a tense morning. But now everyone has gone, there's time to reset with 20 minutes of reading. 2. T...