Monday, September 04, 2006

Alone, writer and wake up Donnie.

1. Spending some time by myself.

2. Re-reading and replying to an inspiring email from a writer friend. I particularly like the idea of Christine writing while wearing a nametag to remind herself that this is a proper job. You can see the results here at Really Bad Cleveland Accent.

3. Donnie Darko. I once asked a friend about this film, and she said 'Teenagers love it.' This made me file it somewhere between Heathers and Grease, but having watched it, I reckon it belongs somewhere else entirely. It's a hauntingly beautiful story about mental illness and time travel. It set my mind racing, which was a shame on a Sunday night; but I'm so glad I've seen it now.

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...