Saturday, January 30, 2010

Raindrops, roses and gem from the pile.

1. I like the patter-spat of rain on my umbrella.


2. Nick comes home with an armful of roses. They are yellow with a red blush at the tips of the petals, and make me think of orange juice carefully poured over grenadine.

3. I've picked up Hilary Mantel's Beyond Black. It's been in my to read pile for years -- I think I might have snaffled it from Katie who I used to live with. But anyway -- now I've got going with it, I'm hooked on the story of a voluptuous psychic and her spikey nowhere woman sidekick. I wonder what other gems there are hiding in my pile?

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...