Friday, April 15, 2011

Jabbed, rehearsals and wisteria.

1. Alec is so brave when he has his injections that tears spring to my eyes. I explain to him that I'm crying because I'm proud of him. I suppose the nurse must think I'm mad. I tell her that I explained to him about vaccinations beforehand, too. "Well," she says, "Who knows how much they understand?"

2. Yesterday afternoon, I practised and practised folding and unfolding the buggy. Then I clipped the car seat on, took it off, put it back on again. It paid off because I took the car seat off and collapsed it without a problem to get it into Laura's boot.

3. When the direct sun pulls itself out of the garden, the wisteria changes from a nervous mauve to rich purple.

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...