Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Not lost, late message and a new toy.

1. While hanging out the washing, I find a small item that I thought was lost.

2. I heard my phone go, but I was feeding Alec and it was on the other side of the room; then I forgot and something else came up, and I don't check for a couple of hours. It's a message from Nick to say that his office is closing at 3pm. He'll be home in less than an hour.

3. One of my hippy mother books suggests putting small items in clear plastic bottles -- Alec can have a good look but not swallow them or stick them up his nose. He already has a squash bottle with pearl barley as crude rainmaker -- but the visual aspect hadn't occurred to me. While he is asleep, I drop pasta shapes in an apple juice bottle. He makes straight for it when I put him down among his toys.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...