Friday, May 10, 2013

Handover, gale treasures and working together.

1. I start to apologise for handing over a howling Alec (he is ready for his nap but not prepared to admit it) but the nursery staff tell me not to worry and carry him off for a cup of milk and a cuddle.

2. The wind has torn down some leafy twigs from the copper beech in the park. I pick one up and carry it home for the flower vase. Alec has found himself a sprig of bubblegum pink cherry blossom and looks very pleased with it.

3. I love the evenings when Nick and I get Alec ready for bed together. He basks on the bed all pink and white and warm and wriggly while we pull on his nappy and his pyjamas.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...