Friday, July 21, 2006

Back to work, scrunchy and new home.

1. Handing the admin duties back to Sarah. I have been doing admin for two weeks while she is on holiday. I am not naturally organised like she is, and I don't entirely understand the system, so it was a relief to email back to her all the spreadsheets and requests for name changes and region switches and exam applications.

2. There is a drift of fallen rhododendron leaves all down the edge of the pavement. I walk close into the wall so I can feel them crackle under my sandals.

3. Being shown round Caroline and Ian's new house. Her excitement at the view and the greenness of the setting and all the plans for the kitchen and the garden are catching.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...