Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Easy tiger, cherries and sorted.

1. Falling asleep at 7pm and waking up at 6.30am feeling as if I could have taken on a tiger. Not that I think it's right to attack endangered big cats, and I wouldn't have gone looking for a fight with a tiger -- but should one have started on me at 6.33am yesterday in my flat, I would not have confined myself to screeching to an unpredicatable companion 'Leave it aaht, 'e's not werfit', or tried to employ any Jedi mind-tricks.

2. Cherries from Aragon Farm in my lunchbox. Thanks, Skinner family. If you are driving between Sissinghurst and Biddenden, stop and buy some -- they are yum.

3. I don't do organising until something is lost or my filing cabinet threatens to burst. This sounds lazy, but it means that I spend less time tweaking elaborate filing systems and more time feeling satisfied after a huge clear-out. I went through the file marked 'Bills' and ditched final demands going back to 2003 (I never pay before a final demand because red is such a pretty colour).

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...