Monday, May 05, 2014

Christening, hug and another day.

1. Today was Baby Ella's christening and I officially became her godmother. She joined the church with great serenity and dignity -- she is a very formal baby, and when I pick her up I always notice how grandly she holds herself compared to our Betts. I am so touched that Katie and Jules asked me, and I hope I can be a good and present godparent.

2. During a quiet moment in the service the vicar's son wanders up to the front and gives his dad a hug, which is received with grace.

3.  Ruth keeps talking about 'bank holiday weekend' and it suddenly dawns on me that she means now, this weekend and that we get to keep Nick for another day.

Done, moon and Irish fairy tales.

1. A meeting that is over by 9.30am. 2. A big full moon is stuck on next door's chimney pots. 3. By my bed is a large and comforting boo...