Thursday, May 08, 2014

Rip, stove and colour mixing.

1. To pull a nappy liner off the roll -- it's always satisfying to rip anything off a roll if it tears neatly.

2. Ages ago I promised Alec I would paint a stove on the bookshelf in our kitchen as it's just the right height for him. Today, as Bettany is taking great long naps, I get to work. I do my chores while I wait for the paint to dry.

3. I don't have any black, but I remember an art teacher called Mr Preedy telling me when I was about ten that it's better to mix it from blue and brown. My burnt umber is dried up, but that's OK too because I remember him teaching me to mix brown from red and green.

Done, moon and Irish fairy tales.

1. A meeting that is over by 9.30am. 2. A big full moon is stuck on next door's chimney pots. 3. By my bed is a large and comforting boo...