Saturday, May 24, 2014

Taste, sticks and trying olives.

1. Alec asks why I like Aunty Biddy. I tell him (among other things) that she has very good taste.
He asks if it would be all right to lick her.

2. To snap six-foot canes into lengths more suited to our tiny garden (I do need to do something about the sharp apexes on the pea pyramids I made from them).

3. During supper Bettany suddenly starts shaking her hands and babbling "Blub-BA-ba-blub-BLUB-ba-ba-BOO!"
It takes us a while be we work out that the box of olives that I have been picking at has caught her eye. We ask if she's sure, give her one and watch her face carefully.

Done, moon and Irish fairy tales.

1. A meeting that is over by 9.30am. 2. A big full moon is stuck on next door's chimney pots. 3. By my bed is a large and comforting boo...