Friday, May 16, 2014

Typing, pudding and getting things done.

1. The sound of Alec crinkling away on chocolate box laptop (you tape the lid to the box to make a hinged screen and turn the plastic chocolate tray upside down to make a keyboard).

2. Everyone eats well at lunch and as they are clearly still a bit hungry I have no qualms about dishing out a few chocolate buttons with the pears we eat for pudding, just, you know, to fill in the spaces.

3. I see the basket of folded laundry and it occurs to me that a month ago I just wouldn't have had time to do this during the day. Bettany is spending less and less time sitting on me.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...