Friday, June 03, 2005

Roots, knot and jaybird.

1. Radishes - bold crimson colour and bold taste.

2. I am embroidering quietly, and suddenly the thread shortens dramatically. On the back of my fabric a knot has appeared strangling a long loop of thread that will get in the way of any other stitches I try to do. Curses. I give it an experimental tug to see if it will come apart on its own. No luck. The only thing to do is to patiently tease it apart and work out where it came from. I like the moment when it all falls apart and thread comes free.

3. On last few walks home from work, I have seen a jay hanging about in the same spot. I am hoping he will drop a blue and black and white striped feather for me to find.

Eggshell, turkey oak and grateful.

1. Smacking a hardboiled egg to break the shell. 2. Pale green leaves on the huge oak tree at the corner of The Grove. 3. There is nothing q...