Sunday, June 05, 2005

Yapping, to sir with love and yo disco.

1. A bent old man in too short trousers making baby talk to a puppy tied up outside Morrisons. The puppy ignores him.

2. Home Truths this week included a report from a newly-retired teacher. His innercity students present him with roses stolen from the sixth form garden, and as he cycles off into the sunset, he thills because 'I'll never improve anyone again.' And when he meets his tutor group on the train, he thinks 'I know thee not young hoodies.' Finally, he concludes, 'They're all right considering. I'll miss them enormously.'

3. Dancing last thing at night with PaulV to dire disco records. I was particularly impressed by our impromptu routine for Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...