Saturday, May 13, 2006

Cover a house, contrast and care.

1. Walking past a house covered in purple wisteria. I love wisteria -- its snakey branches are are fascinating in winter and spring; and the long swags of flowers arrive just as summer is coming, so they bring to mind warmth and sunshine. I also love the smell of the flowers -- it's a bit like cooked corn on the cob.

2. The way my sunglasses make clouds really stand out. Today the sky is almost too bright to look at, but with my sunnies on I can see the dramatic shapes in the clouds.

3. Seeing that someone who you always thought poured cold water on your plans is actually just making sure you avoid woes by thinking of everything before you begin.

Eggshell, turkey oak and grateful.

1. Smacking a hardboiled egg to break the shell. 2. Pale green leaves on the huge oak tree at the corner of The Grove. 3. There is nothing q...