Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Staff of life, tidings and shelter.

1. He who shall not be named at work has made me an excellent loaf of bread. In exchange I have to do a portrait of him.

2. The writer of one of my favourite blogs, Meggiecat, has been silent for a few weeks. I don't know her personally, but I do enjoy her generous sharing of arty links. When she suddenly stopped posting, I was worried, but not really knowing her, all I could do was wait. Yesterday, she posted explaining her absence. It was such sad news, but at least she is still out there and still hanging on. The comments box for that post was so full of love and support, which shows that good things that one does come back in spades.

3. Closing the door on a day of freakish cold that cuts right through my summer wardrobe.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...