Saturday, May 06, 2006

Scaffolding, substance abuse and stores.

1. Showing Fenella the true power of the corset. We tried it on with the bridesmaid's dress and decided that it would work. 'With that, you won't need a handbag,' she said. I looked down and reflected that replacement lipstick, emergency handkerchief, spare order of service and bottle of water might well go in; but getting them out would probably require some serious lace loosening.
2. There is something about a mug of coffee that makes me feel very writerly. I always imagine that the caffeine makes ideas move more efficiently through my brain.

3. Finding a box of fish fingers in the freezer and so avoiding the supermarket for another couple of days.

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...