Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Forget, quiet and bricks.

There are some wonderful River of Stones posts over at Writing Our Way Home. My favourites so far are:

1. It's amazing how milk makes Alec forgive and forget. He has a suck, and then he's laughing at me blowing under his chin.

2. It is easier and pleasanter to stay here, warm and quiet, with the baby on my knee.

3. Using Alec's wooden bricks to build a construction, a wall of towers and swaying bridges that snakes along the edge of the rug and under the folding chair. He knocks a little down, and I take the fallen bricks and build them on to the other end. He knocks a little more down. I take the up fallen bricks again. He look at me expectantly.

Eggshell, turkey oak and grateful.

1. Smacking a hardboiled egg to break the shell. 2. Pale green leaves on the huge oak tree at the corner of The Grove. 3. There is nothing q...