Sunday, January 08, 2012

Petit dej, lie-out and on his own terms.

1. To shove frozen pain au chocolat in the oven. Freshly baked and very convenient. Better still, the baby doesn't want any so I don't have to share.

2. After breakfast, nap time comes around. Alec goes to his cot, and I go back to bed where Nick has been enjoying a lie-in.

3. Alec stands with legs wide, clutching his toy remote control. I've got his toy phone just out of reach to tempt him into taking his first unaided step. He stretches, looks at me, shifts his weight, shifts it back again. Then he carefully lowers himself to the floor and leans forward to take his phone.

Done, moon and Irish fairy tales.

1. A meeting that is over by 9.30am. 2. A big full moon is stuck on next door's chimney pots. 3. By my bed is a large and comforting boo...