Friday, January 06, 2012

Porridge, out of my depth and in the study.

1. There is something very satisfying about spooning porridge into a small and eager mouth.

2. I've volunteered to do some shifts at a night shelter this month. I was roped in by a friend, and frankly I feel so far out of my comfort zone that I can't even see it any more. I was glad when Anna asked a question along those lines at the training session. I was even gladder when other volunteers asked questions, too. And when we started to make jokes.

3. "Do you want to sleep in the study?" Nick asks me. I say 'asks', it's more of a telling really. I am so grateful to have an undisturbed night in front of me.

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...