Sunday, January 01, 2012

Open door, sales shoppers and mayonnaise.

Happy New Year, everyone. Hope 2012 is a magical cracker for you all.

1. "Well," says one lady in the chemists to another, "This is a first, having the door open on New Year's Eve because it's so mild."

2. The shop girls are laughing at the sales shoppers: "They're like 'but how much are these things? Why aren't they priced?' and I'm like: 'I'm just putting prices on them and setting them out. The sale table is over there.' And they're all like: 'But are these things in the sale? I NEED to KNOW.'"

3. "I love your mayonnaise," says Nick with no little passion.

Poached egg, acer and bramble.

1. Carefully opening my poached egg so the yolk runs on to the toast. 2. The acer tree -- lime green edged with crimson. 3. Bramble shoots, ...