Sunday, March 18, 2012

Nursery, wire and time saving cake.

1. When I go to pick Alec up he is quite perky, the other babies are relaxed and the practitioners are chatty, so I linger. Alec brings me toys to look at, and the practitioners make suggestions: "They love this!" and "Press that and it walks faster." (They are a bit like naughty children with the electronic toys, and say that the nursery owner doesn't like them!)

2. The wire we've used to keep the washing machine and under sink cupboards secure has snapped. It occurs to me that a knotted tea towel will do the job just as well and has no sharp ends.

3. The bread machine does cakes.

Bud vase, tomato and the poem I needed to hear.

1. Among the faded cut daffodils that I'm putting on the compost heap there is one that will do for another day in a bud vase. 2. For th...